Monday, February 14, 2011

Toothless

I do not recall them telling me that undergoing chemo would result in the possible loss of my teeth. I have ALWAYS had good teeth all my life. I wound up having a root canal while living at the nursing home during radiation, but I chalked that up to a freak occurrence. Now, almost a year and a half after completing chemo my teeth are starting to crack and break. I have finally scheduled an appointment with a dentist, but at $1500 per cap or crown, saving my teeth may not be financially possible. I REFUSE to get a mouth full of false teeth and would kill myself before I would go toothless. It was bad enough when I lost a tooth in the back of my upper jaw due to a botched root canal by a dentist who shouldn't have been performing a root canal in the first place, but I will be damned if I will lose any more.

I have no idea what my options are, but, like the car, I am taking my mouth into the dentist to have him take a look under the hood. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is a way to keep them. I will look into the idea of veneers? or caps? All I can think is $$$$$$$$

No comments: