Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bruises, regrets and kismet

I woke the other day to find a large bruise on one of my thighs. This is NOT a TMI moment, because I bruise like a Georgia peach and I wake up with bruises all the time and can't remember them. I once woke up with what looked like little paw prints on my chest and sure enough, that night when I went to bed and Miss Kitty stood on my chest, I realized, they were actually little paw prints. So, I woke up to find a bruise on my thigh and could not figure out where this came from. Having errands to run, I dragged my bike out of the basement and when I went to get on said bike, WHAM! I hit my thigh in almost the exact same spot on my bike. It appears that for my own health and safety I had to relocate my water bottle holder to a safer position on my bike. Note to self, fill water bottle and take it with you when you leave the house. A water bottle does you no good at home empty. Mystery solved.

While riding my bike, I realized that the one thing I regretted about the whole cancer gravy train thing was that I did not make more efforts to walk and work out while I was down for the count. I have gained back the weight I lost and then some and I am not comfortable. I need to get off my ass and get moving, but the motivation level around here is nil. I must say that since buying a bike I actually love to ride, and that actually fits my size, I love riding I just don't do it enough. I need someone to start cracking the whip!

Speaking of bikes, I have been telling myself to buy a bell for the bike. It is like a car horn, until you need it, you don't need it. I have looked online and at bike shops and not found anything I liked. Recently, I had volunteered for a bike rally thing and it served to remind me that I needed a bell. Oh yeah, and a helmet. Imagine my surprise when a box arrived yesterday and in it was a thank you letter from the bike rally organizers and, a bell. :-)

1 comment: