Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Hot flashes and a warm cat

That is how you survive a winter night in Chicago when the heat goes off! The building had boiler issues last night and it was chilly in my apartment. I took a hot shower and wore flannel jammies to bed and the inside temp was 57 deg. when I went to bed at 10. I was even a bit chilly during the hot flashes, but they served to warm me up. The heat was back on by the time I got up this morning and I awoke to find Miss Kitty wrapped around the radiator in my room, which apparently gets warm just at the base. I don't turn the radiator in my room on ever because the rest of the apartment is usually warm enough to keep the frost at bay and I like it a bit chilly.

My hands and feet seem to have returned to the numb and tingly phase I thought I was over, but it might just be the holiday workout they received for baking a gianormous amount of holiday baked goods!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Glad to hear your landlord had the heat back on by morning! Makes me wonder what the issue was with the boiler.