Monday, February 15, 2010

Is it wrong?

I spent some time with mom and dad this weekend and during a discussion about mom's plans for surgery, it came out that the doctor who performed the biopsy told her it was so small he may have gotten the entire thing out while performing the biopsy. So, my thought is...if it was that small, and most of it is likely gone, if not all...at her age, should she even bother to have anything other then a lumpectomy? Apparently the doctors also informed her that her type of breast cancer was not the aggressive hereditary type, but may be more a function of age. With what I went through with my surgeries, my question is, is it wrong to possibly tell her to think about just letting it go???

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Tough call, my dear. I think the key is to make sure your mother has ALL the facts, and to let her just make her own decision. XOXO