Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I am alive!

I love when your friends call to check on you to make sure you are still alive. Some call to keep in contact, some call to make sure things are going ok, and some just call wanting to know when I am cooking dinner at home again...LOL

For those who did not hear, dad was in the hospital last week and mom left for Rome on Friday. So, my original plans to just spend the weekend with dad getting him set up with meals for the week became an extended stay at camp grandma's. I arrived Friday after work and Miss Kitty joined us on Saturday. Mom is due home Saturday and I will go home for the week to come back next week after mom is out of surgery.

For those of you who asked, YES, it appears the acupuncture worked for the hot flashes!!! I had gone in twice a week for 2 weeks and then one treatment the following week. I was also given some herbs to take. About 2 weeks after my last treatment, the hot flashes started to come back with a vengeance. Anyone who says that hot flashes are just in your head or are, "Not a big deal" has never had a hot flash from HELL. I refer to them as debilitating and did not fully realize how much they bothered me until I was able to get them to go away for a few days.

I have decided that acupuncture is like massage or psychotherapy, it takes more then one dose and you have to keep going. I have also decided that acupuncture is like pain meds. You may not be fully aware that it is working, but you sure as hell know when it starts to wear off and the symptoms start to return!

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

It was nice to hear your voice today, kiddo! Miss ya! But it's great how you are there for your folks when they need you. That's what family is all about. Hope everything goes well for your mom and dad and that we see you home soon. Give me a jingle when you get back so we can have a belated birthday dinner!

Grandma Kathy said...

Hi,

It's just me Kathy from Oregon lurking again.. Actually I've been waiting patiently to find out how acupuncture was going to work for your hot flashes. So thrilled to find out that it works! FINALLY...FINALLY something that works! I'm going to definitely make an appointment ASAP! I totally agree with you when people say "hot flashes are all in your head" have never had one! HOLY CRAP...I'd like to hear from them after they've had one and it feels like their whole head is on FIRE, and feels like their face is burning up and turns bright RED, and they have sweat dripping from their forehead and also down their chest like 10 times a day when it's winter and only 20 degrees out! As you can probably tell I'm not a very happy camper when it comes to hot flashes! :)

Thanks so much for the info! Sorry to hear about your dad being in the hospital, and hope everything works out well for your mom.

Take care,
Kathy
kathyp_22@yahoo.com