Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Kidding, right??

The women's health clinic at the VA called me very concerned because I was wayyyyyyyy (yes, emphasis on way) long overdue for a pap smear......really? So the biopsy they did on my uteras a year and a half ago didn't count? My GP said the last thing he was worried about were the possible results from a pap smear. Evidently, that did not translate to his staff.

Again, whoever said that noone ever died from a hot flash obviously never had one. In researching the issue on the internet, it appears that acupuncture may be the answer. I am willing to try anything that doesn't involve taking more pills or vitamins.

3 comments:

Grandma Kathy said...

Hi!

I just happened to run across your blog. Hope you don't think me strange or some kind of a stalker for responding since we don't even know each other. But I did want to tell you how truly sorry I was for everything you have gone through this past year. Cancer, the awful BEAST totally SUCKS, it is definitely not a stranger in our family. I have a sister who passed away from breast cancer over 20 years ago, and many other relatives who have gone through some type of cancer also. It just makes me so ANGRY - why can't they find a cure??!!

On your current blog entry you mentioned acupuncture for hot flashes. You totally got my attention! I get SEVERE hot flashes, lately on a very regular basis. You made me laugh when you said that "noone ever died from a hot flash obviously never had one" - SO SOOO TRUE! :) I was just wondering if you have tried acupuncture yet, and if so, how did it work? I personally have tried everything under the sun for them and have found nothing really works that well at all! So I am very curious to find out if the acupuncture option did work for you.

My email you can reach me at is:
kathyp_22@yahoo.com.

Appreciate so much you taking the time to let me know.

Best regards,
Kathy

SnarkAngel said...

Good luck with the acupuncture, dear!

Just Catie said...

I will post the results when I have time to actually get myself to an acupuncturist. Kathy, you are not a stalker and it is cool that someone other then my family and friends actually finds me funny and amusing. I would hate to think that I was talking all this time and noone was actually listening....LOL