Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do I care too much?

Do I spend too much time worrying about my friends and their needs? Do I not spend enough time dealing with my own issues? A friend of mine did not show up for work again today making it two days in a row. I am not her mother or her keeper but I can't help worry about the fact she may get fired for this. She may have valid medical excuses or some other valid excuse, but why do I worry? I worry about my friends who have lost loved ones. I am working on getting my sister's baby shower under way (she is due in July!). I worry about things I think I should be doing for the board of directors for the Evanston Festival Theatre. I mull over the fact that I have not cooked dinner for any number of different friends over the past few weeks, yet it is not my job to feed them and they did not call me looking for a meal. I worried that Michael would have a great birthday even though he was living with his father and brother.

I guess I should worry less about others and maybe focus on me. Oh wait, I have wayyyyy too many self issues....it is safer looking outwards....LOL

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Yes, my dear ... focus on YOU! You have been through so much, and deserve the chance to focus your energies on YOUR challenges. I wish you well on the Evanston theater work ... and please don't worry about not feeding your friends! We will all be fed! LOL. XOXO