Wednesday, December 10, 2008

REALLY? BC and the sister

My sister (the nice/kind one) informed me the other day that her boobs were being recalled as well. It seems they did not like the looks of her first set of mammograms on her right boob so they brought her back for more. They have completed the second series and are now sending her for a needle aspiration. I believe mine was called specifically a needle biopsy, but it may have been referred to as an aspiration. IF it is a cyst, they would send her for a needle procedure to drain the cyst...maybe???

Well, if she needs someone there to hold her hand, I have been there, done that, got the scars to prove it. She won't need a reduction so we may be going through this together. NOT my idea of quality sister bonding! :-(

4 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Nevertheless, Catie, she understands exactly what you are going through, at this point, more from an emotional standpoint. I sincerely hope it's not cancer, but if it is, you will be leaning on each other more than you know. Now ... when can I drop off those ginger candies from George?!

Just Catie said...

Short of anything too drastic, I will be out on Friday night to see you all at the Evil. Can't drink, but boy do I need a virtual hug.

Lara and JW Keithley said...

That is horrible news. I wish her all the best! Colbert was right, we don't need another second of 2008. It has been a sucky year!!!

Lara

SnarkAngel said...

Look forward to seeing you, darlin'! I will have those ginger candies waiting for you!