Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Where to begin?

I have now managed to graduate one of my two children. Yes, I actually touched his diploma and verified with the principal that it was a valid diploma. As for the trip itself, I would not know where to begin. Let's just say that I loved spending time with my boys and Texas is hell. If the "great" state of Texas wants to secede from the union, I say here's your hat, what's your hurry and don't let the door hit ya on the ass on your way out.

It was truly the most surreal experience I have had in a very long time. I only have to go back to Texas to do this one more time and then I will be done with it all. Ian has become quite the young adult and will be shipping out to boot camp on June 13. After that, he will continue on to his job training and then return home. Apparently I misunderstood his situation and he will be an Army Reservist and not Active Duty Regular Army. He has volunteered for a stint in Afghanistan but can not go anywhere until he finishes basic and training.

I know my biatch posse has my back and knows exactly how to handle a mother who has shipped her son into war. Hopefully we won't have to exercise our great talents.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I KNOW you have more dish than that from Texas ... so we must meet up soon ...