Sunday, August 8, 2010

I live another day

So far, almost 2 weeks (3 classes a week, 5 actually attended) and I they have not manged to kill me yet. It isn't like they haven't tried, but so far, I live to tell another tale. Most of the class members are in the early to mid 20's. One of my coworkers joined the class with me and he is in his early 30's. He is barely able to keep up with the rest of the class. He was surprised to see that I was staying abreast of the class (every pun intended) and I explained to him that I was managing to keep up because I don't do the same exercises as the rest of the class and I cheat like hell. I have pulled my cancer/chemo card out of storage and taped it to my forehead. I have not done any exercise in over a year and nothing really physical either. I have no upper body strength left because just about all of the muscles in my chest were sliced and I wasn't doing any upper body work.

So, my secret is that I do a modified version of the exercises they assign and I cheat like hell. When the instructors are not looking I am walking or standing. If they are told to do 30 reps, I may do 25. No matter how I do it, I will just keep doing it for another 2 weeks. My next step is yoga. I got a groupon for 4 weeks of unlimited yoga. We shall see.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

No matter how much you cheat, I am still VERY, VERY proud of you! Keep up the good fight!