Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Men and Kleenex

What is it with men and Kleenex? Why do most men refuse to blow their nose and instead snort and grunt like pigs in heat? I work in an enclosed area with up to 10 other people and there is nothing quite as disturbing to my productivity as the random snorting of someone whose parents failed to teach them to blow their nose or who failed to make their teachings stick.

Unlike the steady drip of a leaking faucet, the random snorts are like drive by gun fire. There is no telling when the next loud inhalation of copious amounts of phlegm will occur, so each blast catches one off guard. Some minorities appear to be less inclined to teach their children how to blow their noses. I have seen instances where a grown adult, given a tissue, will gently dab at their obviously dripping appendage and then proceed to snort loudly. I don't complain at first, I simply offer the offender a tissue and gently suggest they need to blow. If I didn't supply a tissue I would have no right to complain. One of the first things I do at a new project is to procure a box of Kleenex for the room, out of my own pocket if necessary, as I understand some people consider Kleenex a luxury item that is outside their normal budget.

Grown adults should know better. I blame the parents for this.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I'm with ya on this one! I have NEVER run out of of kleenex in my house. Proud to say. LOL