Sunday, May 23, 2010

A bed

I need a new bed. The twin I was lent has been highly useful and fully functional, but dammit, noone over the age of 10 should have to sleep in a twin sized bed. The rub is that you cannot just swing by Target to pick up a new bed. Anyone who orders a bed by mail is on their own if it is not comfortable. So, a trip to Ikea sounds like a great idea, but most Igo cars are subcompact at best. Once you find a vehicle big enough to haul a full-size box spring and mattress and bed frame, you have to haul it all home and assemble it. Then you must remove the old mattress set, unless you were smart enough to take it out before you bring the new bed home. It makes me tired to just think of it, but every time I crawl into my 3.5' high twin sized bed, I think to myself, dammit, I need a new bed.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

You need to get it from some place that will deliver and agree to haul away the old mattress and box springs. Good luck, my dear!