Thursday, May 6, 2010

Full steam ahead!

The move is on! A group of college boys rented my "3 bedroom" apartment, apparently for $1350 a month so I am paying a pro-rated rent amount and moving out on Saturday. Yes, the boys actually saw the place. I was here and they were told, by me, in no uncertain terms, this is not legally a 3 bedroom and that the dishwasher was coming with me. Because they needed the place on May 10, I was willing to accommodate them by moving out on Saturday the 8th. :-)

I still have that last bit of packing to go and Brown Elephant is coming on Friday with a truck for the big stuff that did not sell. Anyone need a dining room table and 6 chairs?

As much as I dread the physical move part, I am looking forward to a fresh start on life.

As a small aside to the fresh new start part, I have a funny (?) aside to mention. Apparently he who must not be named, brought the order for child support to Texas and then demanded that they enforce it because Illinois was taking too long to send the checks or something. Texas did not bother to check with Illinois and because I was paying directly through Illinois, as court ordered, Texas had me $4800 in arrears. I was recently denied a passport as a dead beat parent in Texas, even though Illinois agreed that not only was I current, but I was actually ahead of the game by $178. So, Texas may or may not enforce my order, but the funny part comes in now. IF Texas decides to "enforce" my Illinois order, I would continue to pay my support to Illinois, who then, in turn, would mail the check to Texas, who would then cut a check to him. This will actually slow down the payments by up to a week.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Congratulations on the renting of the apartment and the move! As far as the child support payments, can bureaucrats BE any more ineffective?!