Wednesday, May 12, 2010

OMG my body hates me, and what is that smell?

I finished moving all my stuff when I unpacked Nikka's car on Monday. I spent all day Saturday moving and 8 hours cleaning and finishing packing on Sunday. I spent most of the day Monday unpacking. Tuesday I spent 3.5 hours at the laundromat washing about 8 large loads of laundry. Bedding, clothes, towels, duvet cover, comforter, etc. I wound up "abandoning" two laundry baskets of stuff that I wouldn't use or didn't want. As I unpack my closet, I am weeding through my clothes, yet again. I am committed to downsizing my life and feel the weight of too much shit lifting off of me every day.

The ONE thing I need to increase is the size of my bed. The whole bed thing is now the stuff of Monty Pythonesque humour. The twin bed sits on a wood platform that allows me to store stuff under the bed. The bed is now 3 feet off the ground. Picture this little, tiny twin that is so tall I have to place my portable safe next to the bed to climb up each night. Yes, it is a total hoot and one of my roommates may or may not have taken pics to post online. I went to the Ikea website and it appears that a full sized bed is the same length as a twin but is 15" wider. I will be able to keep the queen sized comforters and quilts I love while giving Miss Kitty a little more room on the bed. Anyone with a pet will tell you that they take their half out of the middle.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

WOW! You HAVE been busy! Hope it all comes together soon so you can get some rest! Can't wait to visit you in your new digs! XOXO