Saturday, June 27, 2009

Last dose, last dose, last dose!!!

I finished my last dose of chemo on Thursday and I must say I am relieved. The feet and hands are numb and tingly (like you walked all day and your feet are sore), but other then the general overall fatigue, I feel pretty good. I spoke to the doctor about recovery times and Dr. B said I should be back to eating raw fruits and veggies in as little as 2-3 weeks. I just have to buy things I can wash in soap and water for a while, which means no lettuce or other hard to really wash items. I am hoping to be back on track before the fresh cherries are gone for the season! It might take 2-4 months for the hair to come back but that is the least of my concerns.

Still no word on sleeping arrangements for radiation, but it is only 5 weeks and hell, I lasted 8 weeks in boot camp! I am scheduled for a mammogram, blood work-up and a follow on with Dr. B on July 15. Hopefully, I will be back to fruits and veggies and the mammo should be clear!

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Hey Babe, let me know if you are up for din-din on either Wednesday or Thursday evening (my days off) with Bob and George. We should definitely celebrate! I know this is just phase II, but at least you have only one major phase left. I'm so proud of you, Love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You've been through the tough times and now its time to celebrate with your friends.