Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Unfortunately

This may not be the way my mom wants the world to find out, but her tests came back positive. My heart goes out to her and I offered to be there for her on Friday, when she meets with the doctors, but it seems she thinks I am a bit too...over the top? reactionary? like a freight train running a downhill slope? I have to say, as I ranted on to my sister, I guess I could see her point. Anyone who knows me, and loves me anyways, knows that I am...a "passionate" person. Yes, I am passionate. I just hope she knows I will be there to whatever degree she needs me to be AND I will throw in a prayer or two for her.

4 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your mom has as easy as time as possible. Do feel free to call Any if you want to.

Just Catie said...

Thanks, she said herself that her decision to just get them "lopped off" was far easier at her age then thinking about any other choice. She did ask the doctor if she could hold off on surgery until after she visited the Vatican (read Pope) in March...no comment.

SnarkAngel said...

So sorry to hear about this, my dear. Please give your mom a big hug from me the next time you see her. She sounds like a very strong person, so I am sure that will help, but she does need to know that she can count on you if necessary. And I know that you will, of course, be there for her. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Give your mom a big hug from us too! And, you're right...we wouldn't love you nearly as much if you weren't as passionate as you are. Your mom is lucky to have her girls there for her...all of them!