Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back and Forwards

Last year, meaning 2010, was interesting one full of changes and experiences. I am glad to say I was able to start the year with hair. The hair is now short and grey and does whatever the hell it wants. No amount of product seems to tame the perpetual state of bedheadedness that has become my new hairdo. My hair is one giant mess. Keeping it realllllllllllly short seems to help but I am letting it grow for the winter. I found a hat I liked that managed to keep my head warm, but apparently I lost it the night I took the boys and their friends to Lou Malnati's in Naperville. No good deed goes unpunished.

For those of you who did not know, I moved. I am still in Chicago but I moved a few blocks North from the Edgewater hood to Rogers Park. I also moved 2 red line L stops further North, but my favorite bus, the 147 Express, stops at my corner. The 147 goes express on Lake Shore Drive at Foster and it provides me with my "moment of zen" every single time I ride the bus. I do not care where you think you have been and the wonders you may have seen, but NOTHING beats Lake Shore Drive for the beauty it exudes. Day, night, rain, snow, or clear and sunny, Lake Shore Drive is a great view both East and West.

I have been lucky enough to work most of the year, although it seems the rate of pay for Chicago projects has gone back down. With some projects, I almost make more on unemployment then I do working. I appreciate the need to get out of bed every day with someplace to go and something to do. Now that I have a) recovered from cancer and completed all my treatments, b) moved, and c) settled down, I need to work on improving my health. My goal is to lose weight but I am not setting a number on anything. I purchased a Wii Fit system and I love it. I enjoy having the tracking system in place to track my progress. What I HATE about the system is the fact that once it weighed me and added my height and age, it determined I am obese (no shit!) and made my little animated person fat. REALLY? My avatar is now fat??? They had to go there. I will look into outside fitness programs but I like the fact I can do this at home and shower in my own bathroom when done.

I have ONE more graduation to attend this year and 4.25 more child support payments to make. After attending my last mandatory graduation I will not EVER have to step in the state of Texas again. After the child support is done, I am using the money I get from his retirement to travel the world. I joined the Navy and only ever saw Navy World. I need to get out more and meet new people and eat great food. I have heard the pasta in Italy is pretty good.

I will also devote myself to finding a "real job" this year. I enjoy the work I do and I love the lifestyle it affords, but I miss the stability that comes with a regular paycheck, not to mention the benefits. Dental? I do not recall such a thing. Onwards and upwards..........no place to go but up these days!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Wishing us BOTH lots of luck in our search for a permanent job! XOXO