Sunday, January 30, 2011

Farting and Sweating

I have now officially attended two actual yoga classes. They do NOT consider Wii yoga as real yoga, but considering the Wii trainer actually shows me how to do the pose and the real yoga instructors have ignored me, I am liking the Wii even more.

First of all, all that stretching and bending seems to stretch out the intestines as well but I seem to be the only person in class with farting issues. I always said the cancer gave me gas, and yoga is letting me express myself.

The other thing about yoga is that "hot" and "yoga" in the same sentence are redundant. When I attended my first class, it was not supposed to be a "hot" yoga class (one in which the room temp. is cranked to 104) but because there had been a "hot" yoga class right before ours, it was pretty warm. My second class was a more advanced class and I found out AFTER I started it that it was a "hot" class. I was sweating before I even moved. Needless to say, I only made it about half way through class before surrendering myself to become one with my yoga mat.

It was NOT a bad investment to buy "yoga clothes". You really do want something that is form fitting so it doesn't get in the way when you are trying to scratch your back with your toenails.

My ability to make it to a class is more hampered by the locations of the classes then by my lack of enthusiasm. I got lost one night this week and was too late to make the class. I comforted myself with a slice or two of pizza at my favorite brick oven pizza place. I have signed up for a class in my hood so that might help the making it to class issue.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Have never heard of the "hot yoga" thing. Sounds icky.