Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Putting it out there...

Friends and I have already started to plan a big cruise for my 50th birthday in 2012, and the questions of where and with whom being the only ones open to discussion. Well, that and the issue of gay or straight. I had the time of my life on the RSVP cruise I attended, but it did NOTHING for any potential love life.

My 49th birthday is next month and I am really jonesing to go away on a cruise. I had been planning a cruise for Christmas with one or both of my boys, but due to certain, how shall we say "legal" issues encountered by a child, I had to stop planning and just stay put. So, the idea of going on a cruise is burned into my brain. Before I go any further, I KNOW I cannot "afford" to go on a cruise, but I also couldn't "afford" a lot of things in life. Technically, I could not "afford" to have kids but I did that anyways.

So, I have started looking at cruises online. If you book it shortly before it goes, they are more desperate to sell the rooms so a 7 day Carribean cruise can go for around $500 plus tax and airfare. I could likely do it for $1000. The only problem is that it is twice the price to cruise as a single. You have to pay for the full room whether you are one or two so it would cost me twice as much for the cruise itself. Most cruise lines don't like to pair you up as they would rather sell more rooms.

I am putting it out there..........anyone up for a cruise the end of February?

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Wish I had the dough to go and the time off. It just ain't so. But a year from now? Might be doable!