Friday, January 21, 2011

My own uber dilema

It is looking more and more like our next mayor will be Rahm Emmanuel. I agree with Mr. Kass that this is a really bad idea for the city. Carol Mosely Braun is not a good choice either, ditto Chico. Mr. del Valle is the only "good" choice, but he is the least politically connected and therefore is running last.

Having my own close encounter with the Rahmster only confirmed my beliefs that he is not a nice person and will not be the fresh, unconnected infusion of new blood this city so desperately needs.

My uber dilema is whether I ride the tide and volunteer my time with the Rahmster's campaign to possibly ride the tide into a nice cushy patronage gig to save my own self, and thereby sell my soul to the devil, or do I volunteer to work on the del Valle campaign in an uphill battle? I want and need a real job at this point in my life, but I also believe that Rahm will further ruin the city. What to do?

No comments: