Friday, January 2, 2009

96 hours and counting

In less then 96 hours I will be at the VA and naked under the gown. WOOHOO, gotta love the thought of surgery at the VA hospital.

That said, I have to say that lately I have been feeling more alone then I have in years. While I have my small circle of people checking up on me on an almost daily basis, those who I thought of as friends seemed to have simply vanished. I was able to have dinner last night with my roommate's mother, who is a 3 time survivor of breast cancer. She gave me wonderful words of encouragement and said that it was the most frustrating time of her life. She was completely saddened by the thought that my mother may have simply walked away at a time I probably needed her most. She said that if it were her daughter, she would have to be handcuffed and dragged away. I simply acknowledge again that everyone deals with hard times in different ways and I guess my mom simply can't handle this one.

I have to say, it saddens me that I have heard nothing from the gals in St. Louis and very little if anything from other friends. At least I can still smile at my memories of the good ole times and simply move forward in my life.

So, following a wise woman's advice, I will cut out all negative thoughts, think only good things and keep in mind that if I lose the hair on my head to chemo......it ALL goes, so no shaving anything for a few months WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

I know you've been busy, darlin', but if ya can, try and make it in tonight ... I would love for you to meet my friend Kristin from Detroit!

Just Catie said...

If I am awake, I promise I will be there.