Friday, January 30, 2009

Again, what to say...

I recently found out that Cliff was transferring to Gitmo in March and the plan was supposed to have been the boys were moving to Texas. Then came the huffing incident and the plans were supposed to be that the boys moved home with me (where they belong!) Because they have no home phone, I have been unable to communicate with any of them unless they happen to be online or are willing to respond to my emails, which they are now all apparently blocking or simply deleting unready. I have been kicked to the curb once and for all and I am no longer allowed to apparently be part of their lives.

Today I received a very long email from Cliff that they have decided that Cliff will go to Gitmo (Guantanamo Bay, Cuba) in March and the boys will move in with friends to finish out the school year and apparently hang out in Japan until THEY decide what they all want to do. To say that I am fighting tears and barely breathing is an understatement. My first inclination was to get very angry. So, I sent Cliff a reply asking him how long he had known about this and failed to tell me he was leaving the boys with friends in Japan. My next thought was of suicide. How much more can I take? Apparently not much, when it comes to my kids. My other thoughts were to call my congressman, call the base commander and to simply walk away from the entire lot of them.

I have always known Cliff was an idiot, but apparently my boys have been changed. They are no longer the wonderful human beings I raised.

The plastic surgeon said smoking might cause my nipples to fall off and they look like shit right now. Seems a small price to pay.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Sorry to hear about all this angst, my dear. The three of them have made a decision without you. So be it. But don't write the boys off just yet. All you can do is let them know you are there for them if need be. The rest is up to them.