Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What to say...

I am sitting at my mother's house and today is the day that I follow up with the plastic surgeon. For anyone who does not live in Chicago or has not looked outside, my mother's only comment today was, "The next time you have surgery, could we schedule it in the summer? I do great driving in the summer." I could not agree more heartily. Fortunately, my appointment is at the VA hospital where there is nothing even close to an actual "time of appointment" to worry about. When going to the VA, know they have a cafeteria and bring a book. I am looking forward to losing the tape. I SWEAR it is not the parts that were sliced that hurt, it is the mass quantity of skin under tape that is driving me insane. Rick says it must be like having a cast off so you can just scratch the itch for real. I have never had a cast, but I trust it must be very similar.

Last night I received a call from Cliff in Japan. He had called me to say that he had found Michael passed out and unresponsive in his room having apparently inhaled the can of Dust Off used to clean the computers. Cliff was able to perform emergency procedures to revive him and when they had called last night, Michael had been discharged from the hospital. It appears he will be ok, so long as his father does not kill him. Needless to say, it took a while for my heart to start beating again and Michael will be moving home this spring. What can I say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get Michael to Chicago and in your care. You have LOTS of friends who are willing to help out with that little knucklehead. He is way too smart for that shit. I'm serious when I say that huffing leads straight to mental retardation and death. I want to see Mikey around for a long time! Please call if you need help and please let us know when Mikey will arrive in Chicago.

SnarkAngel said...

Michael, if you are reading this, stop being an idiot. Or you'll be dead. Plain and simple. Or worse ... alive and a vegetable. Just stop it. Get over your selfish, teen angst and man up. Life is NOT that bad. And your mom REALLY does not need this B.S. right now.