Monday, March 23, 2009

Back at work

Well, I do believe that I can officially say that I have survived my first round of chemo. I was only "down" for one day on Saturday, but I have been told that the first dose is deceptive. I am tired and feel like I just got over the flu, and aside from the heartburn (will try acidopholis) I feel fair to middling.

Coming into work this morning I was greeted by my "pod mates" (we work in an office "pod") with a bunch of fresh flowers, a card, and a gift certificate for a spa day (tip included!!!!).

The next round of chemo is not for another week and a half and my roommate will still be there for that. After that next round, I am willing to admit I will need help. By "help", I mean someone to make sure I eat, take my meds and to refill my water bottle. I have spoken to mom, Amy, and both Holly's. It is only every other weekend so we should be able to all work this out.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

3 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

If I wasn't required to work weekends, I hope you know I would be there, as well. Still, I'll be rootin' for ya!

Just Catie said...

I am thinking I might just bite the bullet and get a one bedroom in the neighborhood or Andersonville. Something big, vintage, heat included....I saw a bunch of stuff going for less then $850 in the hood...LOL

SnarkAngel said...

Well, I don't think you would have to worry about hosting the boys any time soon. So, yeah, why not go with a one bedroom? If you're tiring of the "roommate-go-round." LOL. It's good that you had Becky for as long as you did, though.