Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One demon at a time

Now that the boys have both informed me that because their father has a house, cars, dogs, a happy marriage and all their stuff in Texas, they will be happy in Texas so staying with a loser like me would deny them their God given right to be happy. Yes, these sorts of things were actually said to me. Yes, they conspired to rip me to pieces in court on Monday, and YES, they are happy to be going to live with their father. I have decided that I can only battle one demon at a time so they will be leaving with their father after court today. I will be back at work this afternoon to get as many hours in as possible before getting my first dose of chemo tomorrow.

The sad thing is, I am realllllllllllly looking forward to the chemo so I will have a totally valid excuse to a) feel as bad physically as I do emotionally, and b) lay in bed or on the couch all weekend and do nothing.

I hope that Cliff is proud of himself for the emotional beating I have suffered. He is a true man if he can beat down a woman with breast cancer about to undergo chemo. He has taught his sons a valuable lesson. Life is all about what they want.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Obviously, their time with their father has ruined their character, my dear. Granted, they are typical teenage boys, but to cross the boundary into the zone of cruelty means they have learned well by example -- their father's. These are very important years in the development of their character, which is eactly why I recommend letting them go, at least for the time being. If cars and dogs and a so-called "happy" (why? because he's never there?) marriage is what they care about most ... even more than their sick mother ... then let them have it. At the rate they are going, they will be duplicates of their father before you have a chance to stop the train wreck. Let it go. Focus on getting well and living your own life ... FOR you ... XOXO -R-