Monday, March 16, 2009

Ok, the CAT was not the worst thing they have done to me....

It started last night at 10:52 pm when Cliff showed up at my doorstep asking to speak to the boys. Becky explained they were due home any moment and he then left. The boys arrived home shortly thereafter, and spent the night. When Becky awoke this morning, she discovered the boys had gone. A phone call confirmed they were with their dad and headed to court.

Cliff showed up in court, with an attorney and contesting custody. After letting the clerk know he was there, the attorney proceeded to disapear and not return until 11:30. The judge was pissed and took it all out on me for not having an agreed order. When he attempted to set it for a hearing at 1:30 pm, I explained my appointments at the VA to have the port installed in my next and chest. When he then insisted we conduct the hearing on Thursday and I informed him I was due to start chemo that day, he finally agreed to hold the custody hearing on Wednesday in the afternoon. I left the court in tears and because I had been fasting prior to surgery, not very happy with life.

I finally left the VA hospital at 5:00pm after they inserted the port. It was all done while I was conscious and only under a local. It was painful, uncomfortable and very disturbing. Needless to say, my mother took one look at me and called Cliff and told him to deal with the boys she was taking me home. She then proceeded to call Becky and tell her the deal and that I would call her in the morning. Did I mention they stuck me with three differant heplocks in addition the the new holes they cut in my neck and chest? I look and feel like hell and am actually looking forward to not getting out of bed with chemo as an excuse for the weekend.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

So very sorry to hear about all this incredible craziness! Leave it to Cliff to kick you when you are down! Please keep us posted on what happens with the boys and the chemo. And call if you need anything!