Monday, April 6, 2009

2 down, 6 to go

I have said all along this whole process is like Chinese water torture. It is not one large blow after another but a series of slow unsteady drips that are just enough to disrupt and upset. With each process, it seems like they have surpassed their ability to offend or insult or assault me. Each new process seems worse but in a different way. This whole chemo weekend thing is just another example. This weekend was not as bad as last weekend, and I give full credit to my mother for both making me some homemade chicken soup and then making sure I ate an entire bowl of it. Each time I think I have had enough, they come up with something new. One step at a time, one step at a time. This too shall pass.....like a kidney stone.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Glad to hear your mother is being supportive. Hang in there, kiddo!