Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Last of the nasties and comfortable shoes...

This is supposed to be the last of the "nasty, toxic cocktail doses" coming up tomorrow so I am battoning down the hatches and preparing for the worst. My friends are flying in from New Mexico and I told them NOT to breathe on the plane...LOL

(TMI ALERT) Having now gone two days in a row, and it being a bit less of an ordeal, I must say the advice of vaseline was worth it (and rubber gloves of course). When the nurse told me to do it I just said ewwww. When one of my best friends told me she tried it and swore by it, I gave it a shot. I draw the line at bare fingers though and invested in a box of rubber gloves. They also came in handy for handling raw onions to make roladen :-) I just find myself thinking that if I had more anal sex in my life, this whole thing wouldn't have been such a big ordeal....I KNOW....funny huh?

I love being beyond the age of truly caring about my looks. I am older, wiser, not a size two and can wear comfortable shoes. My feet are thanking me for switching entirely to gym shoes and the folks at work did NOT think I would actually need a doctor's note to wear them to work. For some reason, the consensus is that I am not faking it.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Checked in on Miss Kitty tonight. She was very affectionate and fine. Added some more food to her plate, changed her water, turned on the bathroom faucet to a slow drizzle so she could get the water the way she likes it, and changed the litter. She's adorable. TRY to have some fun with your friends, although I know you probably won't feel much like fun. Enjoy the rubber gloves, kiddo!