Monday, July 13, 2009

The best laid plans...

As it turned out, the radiologist cancelled my Friday appointment and my friend Nikka called me to say take her car. So, Michael did not get to ride the two train one bus gravy train, BUT he did go with me to the VA to get my pic line flushed and to update my medication information with the pharmacy. It wasn't walking my mile, but it was a baby step.

Tuesday I go to see the radiologist and Wednesday is the really big day. Wed. I find out if I am back on fruits and veggies AND they will likely take my pic line out, which puts me one step closer to taking shower like a normal person!

I had a great visit with Michael. We had many talks and I think he realizes now that I put my life on hold for the boys and that is why my career is dead. Just when I was putting myself in a position to get into the non-profit sector, I was diagnosed with breast cancer and it put my life on hold AGAIN. We also discussed the fact that I feel I made a mistake in sending them to Japan and that after all those years of going it alone, it sucks that their dad stepped in as a super hero and that they all now treat me like dirt. I love my kids, I just hate what their father has turned them into.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Glad you had a chance to talk to Michael. Hopefully, at least SOME of it will stick.