Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I may not make rent...

...and moving is not an option. I am NOT looking for help, I am merely venting my frustrations at my current situation. I am fully aware of the fact that this is the perfect time in my life to be unemployed, but it sucks to be dirt poor broke. I spent the morning at Child Support Services downtown yesterday and found out that because unemployment is paid a week after the two weeks you are claiming and because child support is due the first day of the week in question, I will always be 3 weeks behind in child support even though he has gotten every single penny he is owed.

What this means is that they are now sucking out my "delinquency" from my unemployment to make up the amount that the computer shows I owe. Also, even though the money is taken out of my unemployment check directly, because it takes a while to get to Child Support Services, I will always be behind in the eyes of the computer. I went out of my way to make sure I wrote checks for the first two weeks that unemployment did NOT suck money out, but I still show weeks behind.

I have posted an ad on craigslist for a 9/1 roomie and I have someone coming to see the place on Thursday. I know that everyone has offered to help me move, but the reality is that I won't have a security deposit and I would have to pack and move everthing only a mere week or two after finishing radiation, which I am told will kick my ass. I have my radiation mapping appointment this afternoon and will post the news as soon as I know.

So, pray for a roommate! I love my apartment, when it is clean, and reallllllly don't want to move.

Like I said, not looking for a handout or a hand up, just venting.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Just do what you can to keep the place clean and orderly until you nab the next roomie, darlin'!