Friday, July 17, 2009

OMG not again! & How could I forget?

Wednesday was a long ass day. I left home at 9am and borrowed Nikka's car to drive to the VA. I was doing fasting blood work so no coffee and no breakfast. I valeted the car and only left the VA at 10:50. I immediately drove over to Loyola (next door) and again valeted the car. I checked in at the breast clinic and grabbed my first cup of coffee and a muffin. At 12:50 I was informed the radiologist did NOT like the looks of the mammogram for my RIGHT breast and I was going to have an ultrasound done immediately. I called over to the VA to let Dr. B know I would be late for my 12:30 with her and waited for the ultrasound. At 1:50 I was informed the large troublesome lump was a pocket of fluid, likely from the removal of my port, and released. I retrieved the car, drove back to the VA, where I was then informed that I was free to eat whatever I liked, hence the hot dog and salad on the way home :-)

How could I forget to tell everyone that I am once again a tatted woman?? On Tuesday when they did the preliminary pictures for the radiologist, I was given 3 tiny dot tattoos. One dot in the middle of my boobs and one dot above each hip. Apparently these are the dots they use to line me up on the machine when they do the radiation therapy. What a total hoot. The actual tattoo I paid for wore off but these should last forever!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Just glad the myterious mass was just fluid! You had me on the edge of my seat there for a second!