Monday, July 27, 2009

No clue...

Tomorow is the big day and I am clueless. The lady called from the nursing home last week and said she was confused about where they were putting me....she was supposed to call me back but never did so I am going into this blind as a bat.

I also have to figure out if my only source of internet is the new starbucks about a mile from the VA. I am bringing the laptop and hoping for the best. I still need to job hunt and I have had a few nibbles on the roommate front.

I expressed my concern over the possibility of having to pay for lodging or food. If self pay is the only option, I need to start looking for a large cardboard box and a hot plate for my ramen noodles....LOL I received another bill from Loyola for the follow-up mammogram, but I am pretty sure that is a mistake and the VA is supposed to cover it. I will call Loyola today and try to get them to figure it out.

Tomorrow I have to check in and I have NO CLUE where they are putting me or what the deal is. This is the VA so God only knows....LOL

I spent the weekend volunteering for both IGo cars and for the Chicago Criterium. Apparently, because I was wearing a bandana, I forgot to put my hat on at times and pretty much fried my face, even though I was vigilant about trying to stay in the shade at all times. It isn't really sun burned, but it is no longer ghostly pale either. I had a great time and it brought back wonderful memories of helping others. I miss it and it saddened me to have to tell them that I had to take yet another 5 weeks off to finish treatment.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

A little sun is good for you, as long as you don't overdo it!