Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So it goes....

Certain issues appear to have at least subsided, but it doesn't mean that I look forward to each day's "adventure" in the bathroom. Nuff said.

The job appears to be dying, just not fast enough. While I appreciate the "days off", the rent must still be paid and there is no certainty to the income. Last week I worked exactly 10.4 hours....in one day. This week, it looks like there will be work for Wednesday and possibly Thursday and Friday. Considering I can work 1.5 of those days, it is not looking good.

That said, the math indicates if I am on unemployment, there is a good chance I will "break even" on child support or possibly be owed a few dollars a month. While it was never my goal in life to coast by on unemployment, there is something to be said for letting the body rest for a while.

I can afford to pay my rent on unemployment and depending on when the job ends, will be able to pay up all the utilities. I have very few "extra" expenses, and because I eat little that is fresh and not frozen (watermelon is realllllly working for me but I have to buy the baby ones and eat them in one day), I am living out of the freezer. Helps clean out the freezer prior to moving as well.

My last comment for this post is to again say THANK YOU to everyone in my life, and you know who you are, who have stood by my side and figuratively held my hair while I puked my way through chemo. Only one weekend of that so far and the next round of doses just makes your hands and feet numb and tingly. Something new and exciting to look forward to on this journey, and man, what a long strange trip it's been. Just have to keep truckin!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Keep me posted about Thursday, Babe!