Thursday, May 21, 2009

That thing in my neck

That thing in my neck hurts like hell. I don't want to complain because I am afraid they will want to take it out and reinstall it. Pooping was less disturbing than that whole process and that is saying a lot!

I also have a rash about the size of a baseball on my arm. I have no clue what is or is not an issue and I hate to keep running to the hospital like a baby. My feet and legs have started to truly feel like they "fell asleep" and they now tingle all the time in varying degrees of annoying. Of course this all started AFTER I saw the doctor so now I feel like an idiot.

I feel like I spend my days counting grams of fiber and worrying about pooping. That, and I feel like I spend my days counting the minutes until I can go to sleep. Napping on the couch is a normal thing, but I feel old and tired.

I will stop complaining now as there are tons of people that have it a ton worse then me. I just keep chanting 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks, 5 more weeks! I refuse to narrow it down to the days as it makes it too real. Being unemployed, I find it difficult to keep my mind off the whole process. I have been job hunting, but not too hard. As much as I like the idea of riding this gravy train, I can't help but think that while work would wipe me out, it would make the time pass more quickly.

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Hang in there, dear! Just keep thinking of the celebration ahead! Five weeks and counting down!

Becky said...

Well, since Catie was admitted to Hines yesterday to have the port removed, as it had become infected rather suddenly-now it's just five more weeks until the last of the chemo treatments.