Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Worst weekend ever! and other stuff

WORST WEEKEND EVER!
This was the roughest one. Poor JW and Lara felt helpless as I spent almost the entire weekend in bed. I threw up for the first time, but am thankful there was little in my stomach to let go of. I threw up Saturday and again on Sunday, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. The meds really help, but the mucus and overall feeling of having the flu (which thank GOD I haven't seemed to catch) make it rough on the body. I kept saying I do much better on the horizontal then the vertical....LOL I have lost another few pounds and slunk below the 200 mark. Wooohoooo I guess. NOT the way I recommend to diet.

So, it was the worst of the worst as to chemo. Lara and JW were both uber attentive and made sure I wanted for nothing. I feel bad for those doing chemo duty as all I have to do is sleep and pee and push fluids. The day after Holly had duty I wound up being checked into the hospital because they sent me home with not enough nausea meds. Trust me, it is nothing that anyone does or does not do, it is simply my body rebelling, but it has to suck to be the watcher.

NO SUCH THING AS ISSUE RESOLVED!
Let's just say I spent an agonizing 2.5 hours ish on the toilet Monday. Fortunately I had decided I was not up to going to work and was able to deal with the agony at home alone, well, alone after I kicked Lara and JW out to go visit his mom....LOL Poor JW wanted to know what he could possibly do to help and Lara simply told him, leave her alone with the phone near her hand :-) Still working on that. The VA sent me home with 3 huge drums of "regular flavor" "fiber stuff". OMG, I now know what they do with the industrial waste from paper making!!! I would not feed that stuff to the enemy combatants in Gitmo!! I would, however, feed that to Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld :-)

HUMP DAY!
Today is my mid cycle check up and I am over the hump. If that last dose was the worst, then the rest of this should be a cake walk! Ok, a bad cake with crappy frosting and totally no taste walk, but you get the idea.

EATING RICE CAKES
Everything I eat pretty much tastes like nothing. I have taken to eating multigrain Cheerios because they are round and have no edges! That and the milk I put in it is pretty much it. Nothing else sounds good and NOTHING tastes like anything. Chemo kills the fast growing cells, which includes your taste buds. Drinking and eating food. That is what I miss the most.

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

I am glad to hear you are through the worst of it ... fingers crossed! I knew it would be rough, and the fact that this was your first "puking" episode from the chemo tells me you pretty much in the "average" range when it comes to dealing with all this shit (pardon the pun). We'll catch up this evening my dear. See you in about 4 hours. *BIG HUGS*

Becky said...

You're doing great getting through this. Sorry about the nasties. Be glad that you have people who you can call on to help you with the hard times. I know you'd be helping them if they asked.