Thursday, May 28, 2009

It bit me!

I have been feeding the squirrels on the ledge outside my window since I moved in. We call it, "The Nature Show" on "Cat TV". Miss Kitty loves to pretend she might actually catch one! She is such a wuss she wouldn't know what to do if I removed the screen! Anywho, it bit me. I know better then to put peanuts out on the ledge when the squirrel is around, but this guy outsmarted me.

This is the same squirrel who has been tapping on my windows for the last 3 weeks and usually he takes two, YES TWO peanuts in his mouth and goes away to bury or eat them. Apparently, the squirrel now puts them on the other side of the window that I cannot see and comes back to grab the rest of the peanuts. Yesterday, I found this out the hard way and he bit me. Scared the piss out of me, Miss Kitty and the squirrel. I bled it, washed it with betadine and put a band aid on it.

When I went to the hospital for chemo today they said the finger appeared to be fine and all the antibiotics would kill anything else he might have had going :-)
Needless to say, the little shithead will NOT be sharing my peanuts anytime soon.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

Yes, feeding them from a distance is always best! LOL! Glad you and Miss Kitty survived the terror!