Friday, August 28, 2009

At home to stay and a big sigh of relief

As much as I would like to move and be in a place where I do not need to rely on a roomie to pay rent, I was actually relieved to come home and find my landlord had both signed the lease extension and given me a copy of the signed agreement. I am looking to show the place this weekend and Adam moves out tomorrow, so we shall see. I am ok for the month of Sept. so at least I am not going anywhere soon.

I have checked myself out of the ECC because I was finding that I was wayyyy too stressed worrying about things at home and not being there to show the apartment. I cannot find a roomie if they never see the place and I don't meet them. This means I commute the last week, but it beats having to have done this for the past 4.5 weeks. Besides, after all the work I put into getting back on track with the whole constitutional thing, the food was killing me.

The funny part of all of this is the cab ride home. I had called the American Cancer Society about a ride home from the VA today as I would have all my stuff with me. I was told he would be at the VA at 3:00. Shortly after 3:00pm, I received a phone call from the cabbie saying he was stopping for gas at Hollywood and Broadway and would be at the house in a few minutes. He was not happy to hear that I was still at the VA, but fortunately, they were able to send another cab and I was out of there shortly thereafter.

23 down, 5 to go.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Glad you don't have to move at your landlord's whim. And you can use that commute to do some reading. Miss kitty will be glad to be home too.

SnarkAngel said...

At least SOME of the stress has been removed ... thank goodness!! But the suspense is killing me ... who will Catie's NEXT roomie be? Find out! On the next exciting episode of "Granville Girls!" If we could afford it, I'd much prefer a multi-episode story arc along the lines of "Granville Girls Go to Hawaii." I think we're both overdue for an exotic vacation. LOL. Glad your back home, Hon. XOXOXO