Friday, August 7, 2009

Is that Mr. or Mrs.?

It seems that at the VA I am mistaken for a Mr. or called Mrs. For some reason, all of the nurses on my floor call me Mrs. Blythe. I finally stopped trying to explain I was not married and tend only to snap when they wake me up in the mornings. Oh well.

THE ROOM UPDATE

Apparently the roomie was checked into the main hospital for complications and they think she might be gone another week. I am not complaining and only wish her well as I know she was in a great deal of pain, judging by the time she spent moaning.

The room is apparently the coldest room on the floor and the A/C is cranked to arctic blast. In talking to a former occupant of the room, and based on the fact the tempurature did not change when the nurse adjusted the thermostat, it is what it is and it won't change. I should not complain as it is free and I like it cooler. That said, it makes it reallllllly hard to want to get out of bed at 7am to eat breakfast. My hats have come in handy!

Last night I lost cable in my room and it seems I am the only person without. Even the veggies have cable. First they bitch at me because I am never in my room and then I lose cable. One cannot win for trying.

THERAPY UPDATE

Of the 28 doses I have to do, I have finished with 8 doses. So, another 4 weeks and I will be finished. The boob is only slightly tingling, but I have been warned to hold on for the blistering "sunburn" that is to come. Thank goodness I will be able to go braless when it gets bad.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I cannot imagine being trapped in such a place without cable! Hope you have plenty of good books!!