Friday, August 14, 2009

Fly away, fly away, fly away home.

I am home this weekend and with any luck, I will find a new roommate before I go back on Monday. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Things at the home are pretty much the same. This week we played bingo 3 times and I walked away from one game with $8 CASH! I stopped on my way home and bought a small steak and a bag of salad. I am good!

The smell

Oh the things you smell in the home. Some days it is worse then others and most days I don't notice it until I leave for radiation and then walk back in. This too shall pass.

The food

Speaking of passing, the food is killing me. It is hospital food at best and I am sooooo over mushy food. Most days I pick one or two things off the tray and offer the rest up to the guys I eat my meals with. On farmer market days I can cut up a fresh cucumber and tomato for lunch, and twice now I stopped at the cafeteria and picked up a salad from the salad bar, but aside from that, the stuff is pretty inedible. I have found myself compensating for the lack of anything that tastes good by stuffing myself with junk food. That has got to stop. I will look into scheduling my radiation earlier so I can stop by the cafeteria and use my bingo winnings for salad bar every day. I walk a mile to and from radiation, but I find myself getting more tired each day. 13 down, 15 to go.

The room

The entire building is freezing cold. While I do enjoy a bit of free A/C in the summertime, this is insane. I have to remember to bring a jacket or sweater back with me to wear inside.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I called Steve and briefly discussed his need for an apartment. Sounds like a nice enough guy. Told him to call me when he knows he is being released. I already have a few buildings in mind.