Saturday, September 12, 2009

The best laid plans...

This was supposed to be the very first week in months that I had no plans, intentions or appointments at the VA. Wrong! On Thursday afternoon, I broke the tooth that had a partial root canal done 2 weeks ago. I was able to make an appointment for Friday morning. Once at the dental clinic, they took an x-ray, or three, and informed me that I was not entitled to the care I needed, meaning a full root canal and a crown. So, my best bet was to come back on Tuesday and see the dentist who had done the partial root canal and see if he planned to maybe make the whole thing happen, if ya know what I mean.

My other option is the visit the UIC dental school clinic. They don't quote prices, but it is supposed to be much cheaper then a real dentist. The down side is that they require payment in full on the day of service. If I am going to lose my home for failure to pay rent, might as well be to save my teeth...LOL Keeping our fingers crossed the job come through in the next two weeks!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

All I can say is ... you sure as hell better catch some MAJOR breaks in your next life!!!