Thursday, September 17, 2009

Damn them!

As anyone with tomato plants knows, this has been a lousy summer for tomatoes. It seems it has not been hot enough to get the tomatoes to ripen. I FINALLY had one large beautiful looking slightly pink tomato that I have been watching for weeks now. I found it laying on the ground today. Those damned squirrels took a few bites from it and left it to rot. Damn them! Did I mention I now have the cutest looking baby squirrel begging for nuts as well as good old Chippy? It is the cutest thing. Apparently its mother never taught it to bury some of the nuts because he just likes to sit out there and eat them. Miss Kitty thinks it looks adorable as well, or is that tasty?

Fatigue. Lately I have been more tired then I recall being with chemo. It is not just a day or two once a week, but a long-term lingering sort of fatigue that seems to take me over. I am desperately trying to decide if this is some sort of mild depression, being jobless and all, but I don't think it is because as many times as I was jobless in the past, it never manifested itself like this. Prior bouts of melancholy were more mental in nature and not really physical at all. I believe there is a huge difference between being lazy and being physically tired. Either way, I really, really, really need to get back to work.

3 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Have you discussed this ongoing fatigue with the doctors? XOXO

Just Catie said...

My follow-up with doctors is Oct. 15. Hopefully I will be feeling better and back to work by then!

SnarkAngel said...

Fingers crossed!