Saturday, September 5, 2009

DONE! and it is like a sunburn

I have FINISHED all 28 doses of radiation so I am finished with all of my treatments except for the next 5 years of Tamoxifen. I take 2 pills once a day for the next 5 years. It is an anti-hormone treatment for post breast cancer patients.

I am happy to report that I only started to feel like my chest was sunburned Thursday night. It was the first night in ages I went to sleep without a bra on for support. When I woke up in the morning, it was the first morning I still felt sore and my boob was still a bit red. I am still tired, but at least the sunburned part was kind enough to hold off until the end, and yes, it is the end. Last night my friend and I celebrated with pulled pork tacos and champagne.

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Congrats, my dear! Glad you had a good time! Not sure when Peggy's bash starts at Gino's, but The Anvil cookout starts around 3. XOXO

Becky said...

Yeah! Now all you need is a room mate and some work and you're all set!