Sunday, September 20, 2009

The news flash on hot flashes

For those of you (read men) who have never experienced a hot flash, let me tell you, it is like getting punched and pulled at the same time. Apparently my "hormone therapy" pills, that I am supposed to take for the next 5 years, cause hot flashes. Or, if they don't cause them, they certainly make the experience more intense. It is like a lave flow that starts somewhere in your trunk and moves to the top of your head. I don't know about anyone else, but I can feel them coming on and it makes me want to yell, "hang on, we got another one coming", every time it happens. I used to joke and refer to them as "power surges" and that is actually what they feel like. All I know is that if I didn't take my sleeping pill at night, they would be strong enough to knock me out of my bed. With the sleeping pill I appear able to sleep through most of them. Five years of this huh? Makes one wonder if the cure is not worse then the disease at times. Oh well, time to start researching a natural remedy for the hot flashes that don't manage to spike the levels of estrogen in my body that the pills work so hard to suppress.

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

I don't think I'd wish these damn things on my worst enemy! Well ... okay ... maybe I'd wish them on Miss "Feathers!" LOL