Thursday, October 8, 2009

I know you like me enough...

to say I am a great person who does great things if anyone calls looking for a reference. Please ask them what position it is for because I am applying to everything from legal assistant or administrative assistant to attorney. I have taken the JD and MBA off all of the non-attorney resumes as it throws up a huge red flag. I don't want to necessarily explain in my cover letter that I am now over breast cancer and desperate for a job. I figure I can save that for the face-to-face interview :-) I am not lying to anyone, I am just cutting back to the bare bones. By my calculations I have about another month of unemployment and then I am being cut lose. All is fair in love and job hunting! For the record, I try to make it a habit to shoot a quick email to anyone I might use as a reference so they are not blindsided out of left field.

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Fingers crossed! XOXO

Becky said...

Glad to help as possible!