Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Biopsy, Part 2, ONLY ME!!

I went to work and finally left at 5PM because by that time I was just too tired and in too much pain to deal with any more work. I was going to have a short week (only 37.25 hours), but for what I had been through, I figured it was close enough for government work.

Because I could not deal with even the thought of cooking food, I called the roomie and informed her I was ordering out and was happy to pay for her meal as well. We both had Thai and it was actually very good.

Did I mention it was raining when I left work? Because I was in pain and tired, I decided to suck it up and eat the cost to take a cab home. I figured it would be around $30 but this way NOONE could accidentally hit me in my now very sore boob. After finally hailing a cab (again, did I mention it was raining?), I was informed by the cab driver that if I wanted to go all the way to the North side of Chicago, he had to stop for gas. REALLY?? At least the up side was that I was able to break the $100 bill I had so I could pay him without fighting about whether he would take a credit card.

I finally arrived home and had dinner in hand and stomach by about 7:30. After watching a bit of crap from the DVR, I made my way to bed at 8:30. Almost as soon as I crawled into bed, I found fleas. Two live adult fleas, which I killed, and upon further inspection, a host of crawling things between the sheets at the foot of my bed! EWWWWWW!!@! I then crawled onto the couch but realized that if they were on my bed, where cats slept, they would be on the couch and throws, where cats slept as well. I then got back up, stripped my bed completely and scrounged a few spare sheets and only 2 small throws. One to prop my left side and the other to barely cover me. I found a travel pillow to use as a pillow. Because I had company staying over the past two weekends, EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF SPARE BEDDING was in living room folded or on my bed.

Needless to say, I did not sleep well, if at all, that evening and spent most of the night staring at the ceiling muttering, "cancer and fleas the same day? REALLY????". The next day I finally decided to call for help and my sister was kind enough to come and take me and 5 JUMBO loads of bedding, etc. to the laundry mat so I could at least sleep in my bed. Cats were treated, furniture was treated and the dressing on my wound was changed. Miss Kitty was very unhappy to spend the next 3 nights locked out of the room, but I wanted to make damned certain any crawly things that might have escaped their doom were likely dead.

No comments: