Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Not working again today........OMG THE STUDENT LOANS

As much as I enjoy the excuse for some downtime, my not working is not paying the bills or the rent any faster. I did manage to convince the cell phone company that the check was really in the mail (I SWEAR I dropped it in the mailbox on my way to work) and they promised not to shut me off.

I knew we wouldn't be working on Tuesday of this week, but I did not find out I was off again today until I was at the Belmont stop. I used it as an excuse to take myself out for breakfast, where I had about 5 bites of food and it only set me back $12 plus tip.

I make too much to qualify for an economic hardship deferment, I am "working" so I don't qualify for unemployment (which is fine because I used up my benefits anyways), and I am not working enough to pay the rent. The student loans start up again December 9, less then a week after surgery. At least thank God the boys are taken care of and I am no longer worrying about where the next meal might come from (I am so nauseous I can't eat and the fridge and freezer are full of food). I am sure things will work out but I am more worried about finances then I am about beating breast cancer, how much does that suck?!?

4 comments:

Lara and JW Keithley said...

That is how fucked up this country is! No one can afford to be sick.

Just Catie said...

I am off again for the third day this week. I have a total of 6 hours on the books for this week. BUT, because I work, I have no recourse on the student loans. I wish Oprah would pay off my student loans.......LOL

SnarkAngel said...

Catch 22's always suck. I'd offer you food, but that doesn't seem to be a problem at the moment.

Just Catie said...

LOL.......nah, not a food issue, it is an issue of that feeling of major instability in my life. My life is on hold again, see tomorrow's post, and it sucks to be in limbo, especially broke limbo.......LOL