Thursday, November 13, 2008

Who Then? or, My Reality Check Bounces

Mom had a point. I guess if anyone got "stuck" taking care of me, it would have to be her. If we go down the list of all those included, we would find that the list was not short, but my options were nil.

Michael - yeah right, like Rita would let that happen.
Philip - yeah right, like Phil would even consider it and I couldn't take all the smoking.
Amy - again, yeah right, like Matt would let that happen. As much as I love Amy to death, she does have the disease to please and I would NOT want to put her in the middle of this mess!
Mary - possible, but I always considered her the most self centered of the kids. Besides, does Arkansas even have a VA hospital??
Thom - not even in a morphine induced haze would I consider this because of the sheer number of kids and the constant praying. You are entitled to believe whatever you want, but please stop trying to shove it down our throats too.
Jean - while Jean has the best set up, as to space, location, etc., I always considered her the most selfish of the kids and I don't see this happening either. She is not a fan of it doesn't fit into her lifestyle.
Ian and Michael - Not Michael, but Ian would drop everything in a heartbeat and come home to take care of me. I cannot get past the part where this is NOT fair to do that to a 17 year old.
Rick - lives in the middle of NOWHERE and then 20 miles past that AND taking care of his dad is a full time job in and of itself.
Lara & JW - while it is an option, I don't think they are close enough to a VA hospital and I would not be able to temp at all. Besides, we already know the altitude and dry air wreak havoc on my heart and sinuses.
Roomie - not really a nurturing type, not family and not really the kind of "friend" I could ask that of.
My local friends - can't see asking them to help shower me if that winds up being the case. I do think that they will take care of things like food and laundry though.

That is the list for now, but keep checking, I might think of more unlikely options....LOL

2 comments:

SnarkAngel said...

Food. Check. Laundry. Check. Bathing you ... okay, if absolutely necessary. LOL

Lara and JW Keithley said...

Just re-reading some of your blog. Did you know that there is an actual VA hospital in the town where we will have the boat harbored...Tavernier. No more fucking excuses, please!