Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Top 10 Lists

Sometime during all this crazyness, I created my Top 10 Bad Things About Dying Early and my Top 10 Good Things About Dying Early. It works best if you read the bad first and then read the corresponding good one.

TOP 10 BAD
10) I will never get to see my sons get married.
9) I won't get to see my kids graduate from college.
8) I will never get to see Japan.
7) No more Christmas goodies from Catherine.
6) I have no love life.
5) I will have died broke with no assets.
4) I won't live to be a burden to my kids.
3) I will never hit a size 12 again.
2) I will not be able to say I had a great "career".

1) I won't live to suck up Cliff's retirement funds!

TOP 10 GOOD
10) Never have to deal with my sons' in-laws.
9) Won't have to worry about paying college tuition.
8) I didn't have to spend time near Cliff.
7) No more baking an unholy amount of Christmas goodies for mostly ungreatful family and friends.
6) I can die knowing I never got HIV or AIDS!
5) I will not have burdened Amy with settling my estate.
4) I won't have to worry about what nursing home my Michael would choose for me.
3) I never have to diet again.
2) No more job hunting ever!

1) I can tell the federal government to SUCK IT on my over 100k in student loans I still owe!!!!

1 comment:

SnarkAngel said...

So what you're saying ... essentially ... is if you live or die ... it's pretty much a toss-up as to the desirability of either outcome. Hmmmmmmm ... we may have to rethink this, Catherine!!!